What are you looking for?
Blakiston Lodge is a state-of-the-art 90-bed facility featuring spacious secure design, modern decor, a contemporary colour scheme with natural lighting and connection to the external courtyards. The beautiful garden settings enhance emotional wellbeing and offer a sense of tranquillity.
The comfortable, modern and spacious shared areas are connected to the numerous gardens and courtyards. It features pleasant surroundings in which to dine and socialise with family and fellow residents, including a multipurpose room, TV sitting room and kitchenette.
Blakiston Lodge is dedicated to caring for people with dementia and mental illness and offers a safe and secure environment and quality nursing, medical and psychiatric support for residents.
- Dementia specific - single room with private en suite and 15.5m2. Maximum occupancy of two
- Dementia specific - single room with shared en suite and 15.5m2. Maximum occupancy of one
- Dementia specific - shared room with shared en suite and 15.5m2. Maximum occupancy of two
- Aged persons’ mental health facility - single room with private en suite and 15.5m2. Maximum occupancy of one
- Aged persons’ mental health facility - single room with shared en suite and 15.5m2. Maximum occupancy of one
Residents can choose to pay for their accommodation by a refundable deposit (RAD), a daily payment (DAP), or a combination of both. A refundable deposit is paid as a lump sum amount. A daily payment accrues daily and is paid periodically, for example, monthly. A combination payment includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments. Click here for a full list of room prices.
- Hairdressing salon
- Two assisted bathrooms with a large Arjo spa bath
- Facility bus for day trips
- Shuttle bus service within the McKellar Centre precinct
- Onsite radiology
- 'Residential in Reach Program', if appropriate, prevents admissions to the emergency department by providing access to GPs and nurses
- Café 45 provides a range of food options (including healthy choices) in a picturesque setting, overlooking gardens, which include a children’s playground
- A contemplation centre
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Services, including palliative care and aged psychiatric services are available in the McKellar Centre
- Telehealth program, enabling access to private medical specialists as required
- Residents Trust Account service.
Last Modified: Wednesday, 01 July 2020
Address: McKellar Centre, 45 - 95 Ballarat Road, North Geelong, Vic, 3215
Car Parking: Available onsite
P 03 4215 5200