What are you looking for?
Blakiston Lodge is a modern 90-bed facility featuring spacious secure design, modern decor, a contemporary colour scheme with natural lighting and connection to the external courtyards. The beautiful garden settings enhance emotional wellbeing and offer a sense of tranquillity.
The comfortable, modern and spacious shared areas are connected to the numerous gardens and courtyards. It features pleasant surroundings in which to dine and socialise with family and fellow residents, including a multipurpose room, TV sitting room and kitchenette.
Blakiston Lodge is dedicated to caring for people with dementia and mental illness and offers a safe and secure environment, quality nursing, and medical and psychiatric support for residents.
- Dementia specific - single room with private en suite and 15.5m2. Maximum occupancy of one
- Dementia specific - single room with shared en suite and 15.5m2. Maximum occupancy of one
- Dementia specific - shared room with shared en suite and 15.5m2. Maximum occupancy of two
- Aged persons’ mental health facility - single room with private en suite and 15.5m2. Maximum occupancy of one
- Aged persons’ mental health facility - single room with shared en suite and 15.5m2. Maximum occupancy of one
Residents can choose to pay for their accommodation by a refundable deposit (RAD), a daily payment (DAP), or a combination of both. A refundable deposit is paid as a lump sum amount. A daily payment accrues daily and is paid periodically, for example, monthly. A combination payment includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments.
- Hairdressing salon
- One assisted bathrooms with a large Arjo spa bath
- Barwon Health Aged Care bus
- Onsite radiology
- 'Residential in Reach Program' which prevents admissions to the emergency department by providing residents with access to GPs and Aged/Palliative Nurse Practitioner to manage and treat residents within the facility, if appropriate.
- Cafe 45 provides a range of healthy food options in a picturesque setting, overlooking the gardens of the Town Square precinct, which includes an amphitheatre and children's playground.
- Contemplation centre
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Services, including palliative care and aged psychiatric services are available in the McKellar Centre
- Telehealth program, enabling access to private medical specialists as required
- Residents Trust Account service
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Unit
- White Cottages
- Infection Prevention Service
- Community gardens.
Last Modified: Tuesday, 12 September 2023
Address: McKellar Centre, 45 - 95 Ballarat Road, North Geelong, Vic, 3215
Car Parking: Available onsite
P 03 4215 5200