GP Liaison Unit
- About the GP Liaison Unit
- GPLU staff
- Requests for patient information
- Reference guides
- Message board archive
Barwon Health's GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) was established to assist GPs with access to hospital services and improve communication between Barwon Health and General Practice.
Located at University Hospital Geelong, the GPLU works closely with Western Victoria Primary Health Network to ensure all programs and activities meet the needs of GPs and ultimately enhance patient care.
Some of the programs include:
- Development and implementation of referral and management guidelines for GPs which assist in Outpatient demand management
- Creation of outpatient referral templates
- Assist GPs in accessing hospital services
- Facilitating communication between the hospital and GPs in the community
Dr Jeff Urquhart, GP Liaison Consultant
Sandra Lowther, GPLU Program Manager
Melinda Hughes, GPLU Co-ordinator
Please provide written request for specific information, with patient consent to either:
Fax: (03) 4215 1242
Ph: (03) 4215 1170
Last Modified: Tuesday, 15 December 2020
📣 💬 📋
15 Dec 2020
Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Team - Traumatic brain injury & concussion
Click here to view the update.
View message board archive at the bottom of this page.
Ph: (03) 4215 8845
Fax: (03) 4215 0453
Level 2, central core, University Hospital Geelong