Mental Health Allied Health
Barwon Health Mental Health Drugs and Alcohol Services (MHDAS) employs more than 100 psychologists, social workers and occupational therapists across our acute intervention, continuing care and enterprise specialist services.
As the service continues to expand its operations to better meet the needs of our community and consumers, Barwon Health MHDAS provide ongoing opportunities for allied health professionals ready to advance their mental health career and further specialise within their discipline.
Hear below why our allied health workforce have built their careers with Barwon Health MHDAS.
Our allied health workforce are employed at a variety of junior and senior levels within multidisciplinary teams across our service, including:
- Inpatient Units, residential settings as well as in community teams
- Emergency Mental Health
- Clinical education and training roles
- Drug & Alcohol Services
- Child & Youth Services
- Eating Disorder Service - A specialist multidisciplinary team providing assessment and treatment to young people (0-25 years) and their families. A leader in the delivery of evidence-based treatments for eating disorders and collaborative models of care including family-based treatment (FBT), cognitive behaviour therapy, enhanced (CBT-E), cognitive analytic therapy (CAT), multi-family therapy (MFT), collaborative care skills workshop for carers and motivational interviewing.
- Therapy Services - Provides specialist assessment, consultation and evidenced-based psychotherapies as part of consumers' treatment within community-based Mental Health services. This includes dedicated allied health inputs, autism spectrum disorders services, comprehensive psychotherapy programs and supervision of students and trainees. Our therapeutic approaches include dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), eye movement desensitisation reprocessing (EMDR), cognitive processing therapy (CPT), cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and mentalisation based treatment (MBT).
We offer multiple entry-level programs to allied health graduates that provide a supported introduction to their specific disciplines in mental health. The allied health graduates in the program receive supervision and guidance from their senior discipline leads and are connected with an experienced peer group of allied health workers across our service.
To find out more, visit our MHDAS Allied Health Graduate Opportunities.
Psychologists and occupational therapists employed with us must be registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Social workers follow the professional practice guidelines of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), the AASW Code of Ethics and the AASW Practice Standards for Mental Health. Find out current vacancies via our online recruitment system.
Last Modified: Wednesday, 04 May 2022
You can call or text our MHDAS TalentAcquistion Officer to find out more about working with us, to arrange an informal chat or an interview. Contact Elizabeth Baxendale on (03) 42152529 or [email protected]
Are you an international allied health professional?
All eligible international applicants will receive $13,000AUD for relocation expenses.
\We have dedicated recruitment officers to assist you with the application, registration and relocation process.
Call (03) 4214 5871 or email [email protected]
To submit your expression of interest, click the International Applications box below.
Mental Health Allied Health Vacancies
- Senior Emergency Mental Health ClinicianSenior Clinician Eating Disorder Service – Paediatrics
- Occupational Therapist (Grade 3) - Acute Mental Health
- Jigsaw (Youth) Mental Health Clinicians - Corio and Colac
- Senior Social Worker (Grade 3) - Mental Health Hospital in the Home
- Clinical Psychologist - Mental Health Therapy Program
- Community Clinicians – Adult Mental Health
- Occupational Therapist (Grade 3) Psychosocial and Discharge Coordinator
- Graduate Occupational Therapist - Mental Health
- Mental Health Professionals (Expression of Interest) - McKellar Mental Health & Wellbeing Centre
- Casual Clinician - Acute Intervention Services