Careers in Maternity Services
- About Maternity Services
- Watch our videos
- Meet our Nurse Unit Managers
- Meet Amber
- What we can offer you
- Registered Midwife
- Registered Midwife (Casual)
- Registered Midwife (Grade 2) GEELONG VICTORIA
- Registered Nurse/Midwife (Grade 2) - Casual whilst on Unpaid Parental Leave
- Registered Midwife (Grade 2)
Barwon Health’s Maternity Service provides birthing support to more than 2500 families each year.
Services include specialty pregnancy care clinics, including midwives clinics, adolescent pregnancy care, chemical dependency pregnancy care, shared care, midwifery group practice and specialist obstetric clinics. Midwifery Group Practice is a model of care that offers women the continuity of a known midwife as their care provider throughout their pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period.
At University Hospital Geelong we offer families access to our Birth Suite, Maternity Ward and a state-of-the-art Special Care Nursery.
Barwon Health also provides outpatient maternity services at University Hospital Geelong and in local community health centres. The outpatient services located at University Hospital Geelong include the Pregnancy Care Clinic, Midwives Clinic and the Maternity Assessment Unit. Community outpatient services include midwifery-led pregnancy care which includes midwives clinic and midwifery group practice and the early lactation service.
“Working at Barwon Health as a midwife has allowed me to care holistically for women and provide continuity of care throughout their pregnancy and postnatally. Within this role I have been able to expand my knowledge and skills in all areas and work with an amazing maternity team who provide excellent care and continuous support to their patients.” – Amber, Midwife.
At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce and offer fantastic staff benefits. Some of these include:
- Flexible working arrangements and rostering
- Midwifery Group Practice and working towards a Home Birth Model of Care
- Professional development opportunities, including access to over 32 organisational curriculum offerings around awareness of self, communication, relationships and results
- Ability to increase your clinical skills in preforming ARMs, attaching FSE, preforming speculums, inserting cervidil and CRB, IV cannulation and perineal suturing
- Five days a week of clinical support, education and training
- Both water birth and water immersion are offered at Barwon Health, enabling you to achieve your water birth competency
- Paid education and training for FSEP and PROMPT
- Experienced clinical educators and mentors
- We are a training hospital for medical and midwifery staff
- Clinical assessors course available, as well as support rostering to allow for you to work with other midwives that require preceptoring
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- We support further education with paid time for work-related study
- Accrued days off (one per month for full time employees)
Last Modified: Monday, 05 December 2022