Disability access to Outpatients
Location of wheelchair accessible and disabled car parking spaces close to the Outpatients Department and Outpatient Annexe?
- There are four disabled parking spaces outside the University Hospital Geelong Entrance in Bellerine St
- There are two disabled parking spaces outside the University Hospital Geelong Outpatient Annexe opposite the hospital main entrance
- There are two disabled parking spaces located near the pedestrian crossing in Bellerine St on the hospital side
- Below is information regarding disabled permit types from the City of Greater Geelong website.
- A five-minute pick up drop off zone is located at the hospital main entrance in Bellerine St
Disabled permit types
There are two types of disabled parking permits - green and blue:
1. Blue permit
- Allows you to park in a disabled parking bay (some bays have a time limit)
- You can also leave your car in a parking bay where there is no disabled parking sign for double the time specified on any signs - for example, if it's a two hour ticket parking you pay for two hours but get four hours
2. Green permit
- You are not permitted to park in a disabled parking bay but you can park for double the time in a normal parking bay and pay the appropriate fees
For further information regarding disabled parking please refer to the City of Greater Geelong website.
A zebra pedestrian crossing is located in Bellerine Street near the hospital main entrance.
Access to the Outpatient Department and the Outpatient Annexe
- The Outpatient Department is located on the ground floor of the Bellerine Centre.
- There is a ramp located at the Myers St entrance. This entrance brings you into the hospital on level 4 of the Bellerine St entrance and to reach the Outpatients Department you will need to take the lift to the third floor of the Bellerine Centre
- The Outpatient Annexe entrance is located on the ground floor.
- There are lifts located in the Bellerine Centre, Kardinia House and the central core of Heath/Birdsey wing
- The reception desks at both Outpatient locations have wheelchair height check in areas
- Both Outpatient sites have a wheelchair height electronic check in kiosk
- Both the Outpatient Department and the Outpatient Annexe have disabled toilets
Volunteers Desk (located in Bellerine Centre - hospital main entrance)
- The Volunteers are located in the entrance way in the hospital main entrance
- Wheelchairs are available from the Volunteers desk to assist in getting a patient with limited mobility to the Outpatients Department waiting area
- If you need a power point to recharge your electric wheelchair please ask any of our staff
- Geelong taxi service has 22 disabled taxis. Outpatient staff are happy to ring a taxi for you on request
- A TTY phone is located in the main entrance past the Volunteers Desk
What do I do in the event of an emergency requiring evacuation?
- In the event of an emergency please notify our staff if you require assistance and they will ensure you are moved to a safe area.
Last Modified: Friday, 01 February 2019