Skip to main content

Compliments & Complaints

If you have a compliment, complaint or general feedback about your experience with Barwon Health, please contact our Consumer Liaison Office either by post, email, phone or via the online form below.

Consumer Liaison Office
P.O. Box 281
University Hospital Geelong
Bellerine Street
Geelong VIC 3220

Phone: (03) 4215 1251

Is there anyone else external to Barwon Health that I can complain to?

We take complaints seriously and aim to resolve them quickly and fairly. However, if you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may contact the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC). The HCC responds to complaints about health services and the handling of health information in Victoria. Their service is free, confidential and impartial. To lodge a complaint with the HCC:

  • Fill out a complaint form online at or
  • Phone 1300 582 113 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to discuss your complaint. 

Complaints about certain serious misconduct or corruption involving public health services in Victoria can be made directly to the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC). Barwon Health encourages individuals to raise their concerns with IBAC if they are uncomfortable raising their concerns directly with Barwon Health or if they feel some detrimental action has been, or may be taken against them if they make a complaint.

IBAC website: 

Procurement complaints management procedure

Any vendor or prospective vendor wishing to express concern regarding our procurement activity can read Barwon Health's Procurement Complaints Management procedure and complete the form below, which will be forwarded to the Chief Procurement Officer.

Please register your Barwon Health feedback with us below:

Please note, this is not for medical emergencies. In an emergency, call 000.



Last Modified: Tuesday, 11 October 2022