Audits, QA & Negligible Risk Applications
- Negligible Risk/QA Single-Site Application Guide
- Negligible Risk/QA Multi-Site Governance Submission Guide
- Evaluation vs. Audit Tips
- Privacy - Research and Audit Requests for Medical Records
- Authorisation and Document Requirements for New Single-Site Applications (please see the Guidelines and advice webpage)
Applying for a Barwon Health Reference Number
All applications submitted to Barwon Health for review are required to generate a reference number via the Barwon Health Research Reference Number Generator (please open with Google Chrome).
Please ensure that the Barwon Health reference number is quoted at the time of your submission.
All projects including Quality Assurance (QA), quality improvement, or audit activities, where there is an intention to publish or otherwise present the data beyond the hospital staff, must be submitted to the REGI Unit for review.
The National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (NS), Section 5.1, states that research that involves no more than low risk research (including QA and negligible risk research) 'must be reviewed by people who are familiar with the NS and have an understanding of the ethical issues that can arise; and have due regard to privacy regulations (laws) and is reviewed to ensure that it does not require review by the Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC).
Last Modified: Thursday, 04 March 2021