World One Health Day 2017
The Geelong Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases (GCIED), in conjunction with Barwon Health, Deakin University and CSIRO's Australian Animal Health Laboratory invite you to attend World One Health Day.
Come and learn more about current research projects here in Geelong to protect people, animals and the environment from infectious diseases, including:
• Starving the malaria parasite – food for thought in the search for new drugs
• Vaximiser – enhancing flu vaccine production from farm to pharmacy
• Viruses on the brain? New ways to detect rabies
• How crispy fish is helping our understanding of immunity
• Gut instinct: new methods for fighting stomach bugs
and much more!
All welcome at this free event. Register by emailing: [email protected]
Where: Geelong Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases (GCEID)
Level 1, HERB Building
Located at the rear of Kitchener House
285-299 Ryrie Street, Geelong
When: Thursday 2 November 2017 from 4 - 7pm
For further details, see the flyer on the right hand side of this page.
Public Affairs and Communications manage all media relations at Barwon Health.
Media phone: 03 4215 1119
Monday to Friday
8.30am to 5pm
Email: [email protected]
Please call the media phone for all urgent, after-hours requests.
Filter by tags
- barwon health
- University Hospital Geelong
- Emergency Department
- mental health
- Deakin University
- Advance Care Planning
- McKellar Centre
- Andrew Love Cancer Centre
- palliative care
- women's health
- Barwon Health Foundation