Research Week 2017
Research Week showcases our research activities and includes guest lectures by prominent Geelong researchers, various presentations, and education sessions aimed at early career researchers.
In 2017, Research Week events will take place at St Mary's Library and Research Centre, 192 Myers St, Geelong, from 13 -17 November.
Highlights of the week
- Monday, Nov 13, 4-6pm: Opening Session with keynote scientific speaker A/Prof Helen Abud on 'Personalised cancer medicine: Using organoids to take the guesswork out of treatment' as well as brief addresses from Sarah Henderson MP and Richard Marles MP
- Tuesday, Nov 14 and Wednesday, Nov 15, 5-6.30pm: Public forums on childhood obesity and doctor-patient communication
- Wednesday, Nov 15, 2-3.30pm: Inaugural Professorial lectures, featuring Professors Felice Jacka and Peter Vuillermin.
- Thursday, 16 November, 5pm: Harrison Lecture for Innovation and presentation of the 2017 Barry Jones medal. Click here for more.
- Friday, Nov 17, 12.30-1.30pm: Barwon and Deakin panel discussion on physician-assisted dying, enabling the public to hear first-hand both sides of the voluntary euthanasia debate
Switchboard: 03 4215 0000
Public Affairs & Communications: [email protected]
Filter by tags
- barwon health
- University Hospital Geelong
- Emergency Department
- mental health
- Deakin University
- Barwon Health North
- Advance Care Planning
- Andrew Love Cancer Centre
- Northern Suburbs
- McKellar Centre
- women's health