Temporary Chemotherapy Day Ward Relocation
Barwon Health's Chemotherapy Day Ward has temporarily relocated from the Andrew Love Cancer Centre to University Hospital Geelong's Birdsey Wing 6 until March 2019.
The move makes way for the exciting redevelopment of the Chemotherapy Day Ward and Oncology Pharmacy, made possible by the Barwon Health Foundation's fundraising campaign, #ProjectLove.
The redevelopment will offer patients and their families the following benefits:
Chemotherapy Day Ward
- More privacy and space for patients and their families via cubicle style treatment bays
- A more comfortable layout for patients and staff ensuring more efficient care and treatment
- Upgraded décor to provide patients with a calm comfortable environment
- Upgraded food and beverage station for volunteers to provide a better service to patients during their treatment
- An improved workstation for medical staff to enable enhanced visibility of patients during their treatment
- A family treatment bay providing a more comfortable for patients receiving treatment while caring for children.
- Provide clinicians and pharmacists with more efficient facilities to support the continued growth in the volume of manufactured chemotherapy drugs
- A private space for the individual counselling of patients, particularly with the increase use of oral chemotherapy treatments and take home medication
- A direct link between the Oncology Pharmacy and Day Ward to allow for safer and more efficient transport and delivery of drugs
- The specialised Oncology Pharmacy Dispensary will minimise the need for patients to visit the main hospital pharmacy
- Improved facilities will provide patients easieraccess to oncology and haematology clinical trials with a purpose built clinical trials area.