At an offsite executive meeting in December 2014, each Barwon Health program involved in the Strategic Plan identified the initiatives it will undertake for each pillar and a vision for what the program will have achieved by 2020.
Some of the initiatives being considered are:
- Expansion of Barwon Health's home-based service
- Development of a regional health library service
- World Health Organisation accreditation as a 'Health Promoting Health Service'
- Implementation of a complete electronic health record with full consumer access
- Better use of technology to engage consumers
- International education and training links.