Postnatal physiotherapy education
Barwon Health Physiotherapy offers online postnatal education sessions for women after birth. Much of the information covered in the education sessions is also available as a factsheet. Please click each hyperlink below to access these.
- Optimising recovery after birth
- How and why to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles
- Emptying your bladder after birth
- Common aches and pains including pelvic and lower back pain
- Return to exercise after birth
- Return to intimacy
- Abdominal muscle stretching (DRAM)
- Scar line management
If you would like to attend a class, ask your midwife or health care provider to refer you to physiotherapy.
Last Modified: Thursday, 16 February 2023