Surgery - Stephanie Kempton
I am the Trauma Audit Coordinator (part-time). I manage and coordinate the trauma database, preparing quarterly trauma audit reports for the Multi Trauma Audit Committee meetings which are held in the Department of Surgery, University Hospital Geelong. I provide research support to members of the department.
I co-ordinate and manage the Trauma Audit database and present audit reports during the Smashed and Bashed Steering Committee meetings which are held quarterly.
- Meara JG , Leather AJM, Hagander L, Alkire BC, Alonso N, Ameh EA, Bickler SW, Conteh L, Dare AJ, Davies J, Mérisier ED, El-Halabi S, Farmer PE, Gawande A, Gillies R, Greenberg SLM, Grimes CE, Gruen RL, Ismail EA, Kamara TB, Lavy C, Lundeg G, Mkandawire NC, Raykar NP, Riesel JN, Rodas E, Rose J, Roy N, Shrime MG, Sullivan R, Verguet S, Watters D, Weiser TG, Wilson IH, Yamey G, Yip W. The Lancet Commissions Global Surgery 2030: evidence and solutions for achieving health, welfare, and economic development. The Lancet. 2015 Aug; 386(9993):569-624.
- Sullivan R, Alatise O, Anderson BO, Audisio R, Autier P, Aggarwal A, Balch C, Brennan MF, Dare A, D’Cruz A, Thomas R, Tsunoda AT, van de Velde C, Veronesi U, Vijaykumar DK, Watters D, Wang S, Wu Y, Zeiton M, Purushotham A. Global cancer surgery: Delivering safe, affordable, and timely cancer surgery. The Lancet Oncology. 2015; 16(11): 1193-1224.
- Moore EM, Mander AG, Ames D, Kotowicz MS, Carne RP, Brodaty H, Woodward M, Boundy K, Ellis KA, Bush AI, Faux NG, Martins R, Szoeke C, Rowe C, Watters DA. Increased Risk of Cognitive Impairment in Patients With Diabetes Is Associated With Metformin. Diabetes Care. 2013 Sept;36(10):2981-2987. doi: 10.2337/dc13-0229.
- Moore E, Mander A, Ames D, Carne R, Sanders K, Watters D. Cognitive impairment and vitamin B12: a review. International Psychogeriatrics. 2012 Jan;24(4):541-556. doi: 0.1017/S1041610211002511.
- Watters DA, Hollands MJ, Gruen RL, Maoate K, Perndt H, McDougall RJ, Morriss WW, Tangi V, Casey KM, McQueen KA. Perioperative Mortality Rate (POMR): A Global Indicator of Access to Safe Surgery and Anaesthesia. World Journal of Surgery. 2015 May;39(4):856–864.
How you can help
Participate in a Clinical Trial
Research requires ongoing investment and there are several ways to support our work. You can make a donation today and contribute to an item on our research group’s wish list, consider a bequest in your will, or establish a lasting legacy fund in your name. No matter what size, your philanthropic support will deliver an immediate impact to this important work. To donate now or for more information, please contact the Barwon Health Foundation.
Last Modified: Thursday, 15 October 2020