Community Acute Intervention Service Outreach
The Community Acute Intervention Service Outreach team is a seven-day-a-week multidisciplinary service. The team provides acute assessments and brief interventions for consumers aged 16 to 65 years who are experiencing acute episodes of mental illness or distress and acute episodes of drug and alcohol use disorders.
- Acute mental health outreach assessments (in the consumer's home where suitable)
- Early crisis intervention
- Referral to internal and external services
- Telephone phone support to consumers post-emergency department presentation
- Evidence-based brief intervention and acute treatment of mental health and or drug and alcohol presentations.
Last Modified: Monday, 14 November 2022