Top tips for preventing falls whilst staying in hospital
1. Bring your usual walking aid for example a stick or a frame and if you are unable to bring it by ambulance ask your family or a friend to bring it.
2. Bring a pair of shoes that fit properly and are fully enclosed.
3. Wear comfortable clothing that fits well and is easy to move in.
4. Wear your glasses and/or hearing aids at all times.
5. Remember it is 'OK to call' and ask for help. Most falls that occur in hospital happen when people try to get up to go to the toilet by themselves.