The McKellar Centre is a 100-bed inpatient facility offering rehabilitation in the following areas:
- Palliative care
- Geriatric evaluation and management
- Orthopaedic and amputee services.
Patients are actively encouraged to gain health independence through an interdisciplinary approach.
Inpatient rehabilitation services encompass nursing, physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, dietitian, mental health services, aged care assessment and medical services.
The aim of our inpatient rehabilitation is to optimise our patient's potential to achieve all capabilities of a successful patient centred outcome.
- Nursing care 24/7
- Medical staff onsite seven days per week
- Individual and group physiotherapy sessions
- Onsite hydrotherapy treatment
- Occupational therapy, including in home assessments and group sessions
- Onsite DVA liaison
- Onsite dietitian services
- Onsite speech pathology
- Onsite podiatry
- Onsite X-ray facilities
- Onsite social work
- Onsite prosthetic department.