Research Ethics, Governance & Integrity (REGI) Unit
The Research Ethics, Governance & Integrity (REGI) Unit is the first line of contact for all research queries at Barwon Health. Click here to go to the REGI page.
Barwon Health has a vibrant research culture and enviable track record in research achievements. This research activity is supported by the REGI Unit, located in Kitchener House. The REGI Unit is an organisational unit of the Research Directorate and manages the many aspects of research compliance, research ethics applications and review processes.
The REGI team has a strong background in research ethics and management and can provide support and advice on research design, data management and analysis, and ethics applications. They also offer training for less experienced researchers.
All Barwon Health staff and associates interested in research are encouraged to drop in to meet the REGI team and get some tips for negotiating research ethics and governance.
The REGI Unit's role is to ensure that:
- Barwon Health achieves research excellence and maintains the highest standards of research integrity and research conduct
- Barwon Health research complies with national and international research ethics and governance guidelines and laws and exemplifies best practice.
The REGI Unit works to achieve these aims by:
- Providing support, advice and training to experienced and novice researchers on research design, data management and analysis, ethics applications and research dissemination
- Providing support for research oversight to regional partners and collaborators
- Coordinating all aspects of research oversight and compliance for research carried out under the auspices of Barwon Health
- Coordinating and convening the Barwon Health Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) and its associated sub-committee, the Research Review Committee
- Reviewing and managing insurance, indemnity and contract documentation associated with clinical trials
- Coordinating the Barwon Health Research Week activities
- Producing the Research Report for the Barwon Health annual report
- Producing the quarterly Barwon Health Research Newsletter.
Last Modified: Friday, 08 March 2019
Address: Kitchener House, Ryrie Street, Geelong
Contact Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
Car Parking: Metered street parking available
Phone Number: 03 4215 3372