Planning and Referral Team (PaRT)
The Planning and Referral Team are a seven-day-per-week service at University Hospital Geelong.
The Planning and Referral Team (PaRT) are an experienced team of clinicians who work with the treating teams, patients, families and services in planning returning to home post a presentation to the University Hospital Geelong Emergency Department or an inpatient hospital stay. From the emergency pepartment, the team can access allied health assessments, provide education and resources to patients and families about accessing assistance in the community to assist with situational crisis that may not require admission to hospital.
A member of the PaRT team will be able to assist with discharge planning in collaboration with the medical and other allied health teams. They will be involved in referrals, information sharing and communication if determined that the patient’s previous home environment is no longer suitable for their current needs to return to immediately from hospital and will collaborate to determine the next steps to moving to a more suitable discharge destination short or long term.
Specifically, they are involved in the process of discharging patients to these destinations:
- University Hospital Geelong to home from the ward or Emergency Department with any type of community service e.g. community nursing, HARP, home help and short term personal care.
- University Hospital Geelong to bed based rehabilitation public and private facilities.
- University Hospital Geelong to the Transition Care Program which is based at Alan David Lodge and the Homestead Residential Aged Care.
- University Hospital Geelong to Restorative Care Program based at the Homestead Residential Aged Care.
- University Hospital Geelong to permanent or respite in a residential aged care facility also known as nursing homes.
Contact PaRT by phoning the University Hospital Geelong switchboard ph 03 4215 0000.
Last Modified: Monday, 02 December 2019
University Hospital Geelong
Bellerine St, Geelong 3220
- 08.00am- 4.30pm
- 08.00am -9.00pm Monday- Friday
- 08.00am –4.30pm Saturday and Sunday and public holidays.