The Orthopaedic Unit at University Hospital Geelong comprises a dedicated Orthopaedic Ward on Level 5 of the Baxter Wing, a dedicated Orthopaedic Theatre (Theatre 4) with laminar flow, an office and a seminar room (both of which are adjacent to the ward) on Baxter Wing 5.
- There is extensive Outpatients Services.
- The medical staff consists of one full-time orthopaedic surgeon and eight visiting surgeons.
- The unit has four registrars.
- The unit is also serviced by allied health teams including inpatient and outpatient orthopaedic physiotherapist and occupational therapists.
- The Orthopaedic Unit is also actively involved in research.
There are three Outpatient sessions attended by Orthopaedic Surgeons:
- Monday afternoon
- Wednesday morning
- Thursday morning
There are also four outpatient sessions per week led by physiotherapists and staffed by podiatrists and general practitioners (with a special interest in orthopaedics).
Baxter Wing 5 is an Orthopaedic Unit which receives patients from the Barwon south west region. Elective, emergency and trauma orthopaedic cases are admitted to the ward.
Last Modified: Tuesday, 12 February 2019
University Hospital Geelong, Baxter Wing 5, Bellerine St, Geelong 3220
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
P 03 4215 0000
F 03 4215 2224