The Barwon Health Pharmacy Department has a wide research focus encompassing advanced hospital pharmacy practice, workforce innovation, telehealth, radiopharmacy, medication safety, antimicrobial stewardship and smoking cessation. In addition, the Pharmacy Department supports more than 100 investigator-led and industry sponsored clinical trials within Barwon Health.
|Deakin University||Utrecht University (Netherlands)||Monash Health||Alfred Health|
|Eastern Health||Frankston Hospital||Queen Elizabeth Hospital (SA)||Colac Area Health|
|Hamilton District Health||Society of Hospital Pharmacists||Western Alliance|
- Dr Greg Weeks - Director of Pharmacy
- Dr Diana Bortoletto - Senior Education and Training Pharmacist
- James Polmear - Associate Director Clinical Pharmacy Services
- Alicia Neels - Antimicobial Stewardship Pharmacist (AMS)
- Garth Birdsey - Senior Cardiology Pharmacist
- Leonie Abbott - Senior Emergency Pharmacist
- Lisha Kuruvilla - McKellar Pharmacy Manager and Community Palliative Care Pharmacist
- Sarita Thethy - Clinical and Quality Improvement Pharmacist
- Sylvia Cuell - Deputy Director of Pharmacy
- Lisha Kuruvilla, PhD: Collaborative Pathways in optimising medicines use and safety in Palliative Care.
- Alicia Neels, Masters of Health Management/Public Health (Infectious Diseases): Antimicrobial Stewardship in General Practice.
- Jessica Rhodes, Master of Clinical Pharmacy: Pharmacological management of agitated delirium in the acute general medical unit.
- Tenay Rankin, Master of Clinical Pharmacy: Antihypertensive therapy in acute stroke: the effect of education and a treatment algorithm on improving patient management.
- Sarita Thethy, Graduate Certificate (Clinical Redesign): Ready for discharge on admission – pharmacist charting on surgical short stay unit”
Support Our Research
Participate in a clinical trial
To find out about Clinical Trials currently underway at Barwon Health, click here.
Clinical trials require ongoing investment and there are several ways to support this amazing work.
You can make a donation today and contribute to an item on our research wish list, consider a bequest in your will, or establish a lasting legacy fund in your name. No matter what size, your philanthropic support with deliver an immediate impact.
To donate now or for more information and further discuss your support, please contact the Barwon Health Foundation.
$1000 - $5000
- A pharmacist led metabolic monitoring service for mental health clients
- Pharmacist charting projects for surgical patients
$5,000 - $20,000
- Medication outcomes of a pharmacist service in the home for at risk patient groups
- An evaluation of in-house pharmacist within aged care homes on medication use and safety
- Extended pharmacy technician scope of practice to improve patient flow and prioritisation of pharmacy service
- Collaborative multi-site projects
Last Modified: Thursday, 22 October 2020
Dr Greg Weeks, MPharm MHA PhD FSHP
Director of Pharmacy
University Hospital Geelong
Bellerine Centre, Level 3
Bellerine St, Geelong Vic 3220
Phone (03) 4215 1582