Research, Ethics, Governance and Integrity Unit
With guidance from the Barwon Health COVID-19 Clinical Reference Committee (CCRC), the previous guidelines have been reviewed and updated relating to Clinical Research at Barwon Health. The challenges arising from COVID-19 are continually evolving and while a gradual return to regular research activity is desired, we must remain vigilant and so we ask you for your ongoing patience, flexibility and creativity as we work together through this global pandemic. Click here to view the updated COVID-19 Guidance for Research at Barwon Health.
Barwon Health has a vibrant research culture and enviable track record in research achievements. This research activity is supported by the REGI Unit, located in Kitchener House. The REGI Unit is an organisational unit of the Research Directorate and manages the many aspects of research compliance, research ethics applications and review processes.
The REGI team has a strong background in research ethics and management and can provide support and advice on research design, data management and analysis, and ethics applications. They also offer training for less experienced researchers.
All Barwon Health staff and associates interested in research are encouraged to drop in to meet the REGI team and get some tips for negotiating research ethics and governance.
The REGI Unit's role is to ensure that:
- Barwon Health achieves research excellence and maintains the highest standards of research integrity and research conduct
- Barwon Health research complies with national and international research ethics and governance guidelines and laws and exemplifies best practice
The REGI Unit works to achieve these aims by:
- Providing support, advice and training to experienced and novice researchers on research design, data management and analysis, ethics applications and research dissemination
- Providing support for research oversight to regional partners and collaborators
- Coordinating all aspects of research oversight and compliance for research carried out under the auspices of Barwon Health
- Coordinating and convening the Barwon Health Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) and its associated sub-committee, the Research Review Committee
- Reviewing and managing insurance, indemnity and contract documentation associated with clinical trials
All correspondence and enquiries for REGI, RGO, and HREC, should be forwarded to [email protected]
Last Modified: Thursday, 28 January 2021