Priority testing for health and emergency workers
We understand the high demand has been challenging for people who need to access testing, and we appreciate patience and understanding as our staff do their best to keep the community safe and healthy.
Whilst we understand this is difficult for everyone we want to ensure that our most essential health and emergency workers can access testing to ensure they can care for the most vulnerable in a safe way.
Barwon Health is offer priority testing for the following groups:
- Healthcare workers (hospital workers, nurses, doctors, hospital pharmacists, environmental services, PSAs etc. GPs and GP staff)
- Aged care workers
- Disability workers
- Emergency service workers (Police, Ambulance Victoria staff and paramedics, CFA, Fire Rescue Victoria, SES and Life Saving Victoria)
We are also offering priority testing for those due for elective surgery at Barwon Health. Barwon Heath will provide this information on when and how to access testing along with your surgery information. For any staff having surgery at a private hospital, please contact the hospital for their testing process.
For Barwon Health staff please contact StaffCare to arrange a COVID test.
If you are eligible for priority testing as per the above information please follow these instructions:
- Make your way to Barwon Health North. Approach Barwon Health North via the service road on the Princes Highway.
- If there is a line, follow the line on the right hand side with your hazard lights on
- Once you reach a traffic controller provide your work I.D who will direct you to the front of the queue if there is availability.
Filter by tags
- barwon health
- University Hospital Geelong
- Emergency Department
- mental health
- Deakin University
- Barwon Health North
- Advance Care Planning
- Andrew Love Cancer Centre
- McKellar Centre
- Northern Suburbs
- Urgent Care Centre
- palliative care
- women's health