This is not an Acute service. All emergencies and injuries should be referred to the Emergency Department.
An Orthoptist is available at all clinics.
- Complete surgical referral template (see link to the right)
- Vision of both eyes should be recorded to assist with triage
- All referrals must be faxed to outpatients
- All referrals are triaged for urgency by the consultants
- Provision of appropriate clinical information within the "reason for patient referral" section of the referral form is essential for accurate triaging and access to services. This will also assist with arranging appropriate Allied Health assessments where necessary
- Both GP & patient will be notified of receipt of referral and expected waiting time for appointment
For patients who require reassessment regarding planned surgery or planned appointments, a new referral should be faxed through. In order to facilitate access the new referral must contain the following information:
- State the referral is an update for a current patient
- Date of original referral
- Reason for requesting a review of referral. E.g. deterioration in clinical condition, pathology
The GP will be notified of the outcome of the re-triage process.
Last Modified: Monday, 15 April 2019
Address: Outpatients Department, Bellerine Centre Level 3, University Hospital Geelong
Phone Numbers: GP Hotline for urgent bookings: If you wish to discuss the triage of your patient or require additional information about your patient's referral, please ring the GP hotline on 03 4215 1398 (for doctors only).
Referral fax number: 03 4215 1383