Gynaecology & Gynae Choices
This clinic sees patients for a pre-operative assessment just prior to theatre date and for post-operative follow-up.
The focus of this clinic is informed pregnancy advice and appropriate referral for procedures. A social worker and women's health nurse attend each clinic.
This clinic is primarily a pre-operative assessment and post-operative clinic. Very few new referrals are accepted based on Consultants triage.
Most gynaecological patients should be referred for their first visit to the private rooms of any of the nominated consultants
- There is a cost to the patient associated with these visits
- The individual consultant is responsible for payment arrangements
- Patients who require surgery will be referred to the Geelong Hospital Surgery waiting list from the private rooms
Patients are seen in the clinic for a peri-operative assessment just prior to theatre date and for post-operative follow-up
- No procedures are performed in the clinic on the day of the appointment
- Capacity is limited to six (6) patients per week
- Forward a standard referral letter to the private rooms of the nominated consultant staff
- Referrals will be triaged by the consultant staff for suitability to the service and urgency
- If a referral is rejected, the GP will be notified to refer on.
- Complete gynae choices referral template (see link to the right)
- Approximate gestation is required to assist in triaging
- All referral must be faxed to outpatients
- Both GP & patient will be notified of receipt of referral and expected waiting time for appointment.
For patients who require reassessment regarding planned surgery or planned appointments, a new referral should be faxed through. In order to facilitate access the new referral must contain the following information:
- State the referral is an update for a current patient
- Date of original referral
- Reason for requesting a review of referral. Eg. deterioration in clinical condition, pathology
- The GP will be notified of the outcome of the re-triage process.
Last Modified: Friday, 15 February 2019
Address: Outpatients Department, Bellerine Centre Level 3, Geelong Hospital
Phone Numbers: If you wish to refer a patient to the Choices clinic, please phone 03 4215 0777
Fax referrals for the Choices clinic to: 03 4215 0806
GP Hotline for urgent bookings: If you wish to discuss the triage of your patient or require additional information about your patient's referral, please ring the GP hotline on 03 4215 1398 (for doctors only).
Fax: 03 4215 1383