Barwon Health's GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) was established to assist GPs with access to hospital services and improve communication between Barwon Health and General Practice.
Located at the Western Victoria Primary Health Network, the GPLU works closely with Western Victoria Primary Health Network to ensure all programs and activities meet the needs of GPs and ultimately enhance patient care.
Some of the programs include:
- Development and implementation of referral and management guidelines for GPs which assist in Outpatient demand management
- Creation of outpatient referral templates
- Assist GPs in accessing hospital services
- Facilitating communication between the hospital and GPs in the community
GP Link is a newsletter produced by GP Liaison Unit. This initiative is aimed at improving communication about changes and updates to specialist services within Barwon Health. It is sent to directly to GPs in the region and we welcome suggestions for future updates. Please see below for access to previous editions.
- GP Link August 2014 – Focus on Mental Health
- GP Link October 2014 – Focus on Cardiology
- GP Link May 2015 – Focus on RCH Paediatric Surgery at Barwon Health
- GP Link September 2015 – Focus on Diabetes Referral Service
The GPLU is staffed by:
Dr Jeff Urquhart - GP Liaison Consultant
Sandra Grace - Program Manager
Phone: (03) 4215 8845
Fax: (03) 5222 4702
Address: 131 Myers St, Geelong, 3220