Barwon Health shares a collaborative and strategic relationship with The Gordon, Victoria’s largest regional stand-alone TAFE, in Geelong. At the centre of this relationship is a shared vision for health workforce development for the region, and our way of working together has seen the development of a shared delivery model, in which a range of health and related training programs are delivered at Barwon Health, with Barwon Health staff bringing their expertise to the training delivery and practicum design and supervision. Successful programs have been established in:
- Advanced Diploma of Management
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate III Health Services Assistant -Theatre Technician
- Certificate III Health Services Assistant–Sterilisation
- Certificate III Health Services Assistant- Ward Clerk
- Diploma of Management
- Certificate III Asset Maintenance (Waste Management)
- Carbon Accounting Management Course
- Basic computer skills training
- First Aid
- Minute taking skills training
Enrolled nurses have also benefited from training courses delivered by The Gordon. This includes accredited training in Medications Administration, IV and Complex Care.
The increased expertise required across the Aged Care workforce has resulted in up-skilling staff to the Certificate IV in Aged Care and Certificate IV in Leisure and Health.