University Hospital Geelong, situated on the corner of Bellerine and Ryrie streets, has a full suite of medical and surgical services, including cardiothoracic surgery and is one of the busiest hospitals in the state. It is general medical and surgical teaching hospital affiliated with The University of Melbourne and Deakin University with obstetric, paediatric and psychiatric beds.
Specialist services extend north to Werribee and south to the South Australian border for major specialities such as cancer, cardiology and cardio-thoracic surgery. With the exception of neurosurgery and transplantation, virtually all other specialties are available in Geelong.
The hospital features:
- 370 inpatient beds
- 10 operating theatres
- 24 intensive care unit beds
- 24 hour emergency department
- Cardiac catheter & angiography laboratory
- Oncology & radiation services through Andrew Love Cancer Centre
- State-of-the art medical imaging services
- Modern maternity birthing suites
- Special care nursery